District Anti-Bullying Coordinator:
Mary Jane Machtemes, Director of Student Personnel Services
Phone: (973) 777-0808 X117
WARNING SIGNS FOR VIOLENCE WATCH FOR THEM.... AND TAKE ACTION
- Lack of interest in school.
- Absence of age-appropriate anger control skills.
- Seeing self as always being the victim.
- Persistent disregard for or refusal to follow rules.
- Cruelty to pets or other animals.
- Violent artwork or writing.
- Talking constantly about weapons or violence.
- Depression or severe mood swings.
- History of bullying.
- Misplaced or unwarranted jealousy.
- Involvement or interest in gangs.
- Self-isolation from family and friends.
- Talking about bringing a weapon to school.
Time Magazine, 1999